Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I haven't quit--honest!

I haven't been keeping up with my blogging recently. One regular reader even decided I'd quit blogging. It's mainly because I've been spending a lot of my time at the squat blue building pictured above (courtesy of TrainWeb).

While working at the South Bend station has been a blessing to me because I can now live in the same house as my wife, it's a place with no Internet access. So while I've been able to get writing done during the slow times, blogging has been another matter. And because we had no extra-board agent to fill in for vacations and personal days, I've had very few days off during the month of December. I hope to return to the blogosphere soon, now that I've got a few days off. And an extra-board agent is in training right now.

P.S. I'm not the one driving the Taylor-Dunn baggage cart. I think it's Dale Crawford, whose retirement allowed me to get the position.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's good to hear from you. And I find it wild that there is a place here in the U.S. of A that actually doesn't get Internet service.

Can't wait until you're fully back!

Lisa said...

Nice to hear from you Steve. Getting some time away from the internet is probably a good thing. I'll bet you're getting more writing done. Happy New Year!

Charles Gramlich said...

well, the writing time and home with the wife are more important.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My blog ebbs and flows, too. (Mostly ebbed since summer until recently.)

I'm glad to hear from you here, Steve. Happy New Year, and thanks for stopping by our house last year. Very special.

steve on the slow train said...

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement. Only two more chapters (maybe three) to finish the novel I started some five years ago!